Wednesday, December 21, 2016

1978 Topps Football

I have been obsessed with trying to complete my 1978 Topps Football set, only 55 cards to go!
It is a set that I collected as a kid, but I remember that I use to get them in the hanging foil packs from Ben Franklin, not like this...


or like this.......


This is not one of the better looking Topps sets. It is simple in design with the border and the lack of helmet logos but their will always be the kid in me that needs to have this set. I will always have fond memories of the set.
The lack of beauty on the front is completely made up for on the back of the card with the cartoon, like this winner.



Raymond Chester looks like he might still own a Liquor Store.
Hopefully someone that takes a look at this blog will agree with me on this set.
Please see my want-list for this set, I will gladly make a trade with anyone to help me reach my goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment